Apple CarPlay?

smart-eq

(James Cook) #1

@Stuart I was wondering if you have Apple CarPlay in your Smart EQ?

I read an Autocar review that said the EQ comes with it, but mine is only compatible with Android and something called MirrorLink.

Could be a software update, I’ve read it in multiple places so it’s certainly a feature.

(James Cook) #3

I updated the software using the SmartConnect software but never got Apple CarPlay and my dealer didn’t know anything about it.

I’d love to have it but I have a feeling it must have been removed.

@James The honest answer is I don’t know - and I’ve been wondering about this myself… So the ‘talking face’ icon on my steering wheel doesn’t look exactly like the icon shown in my iPhone. But if I follow the instructions on my phone (which say, ‘press and hold voice control on your steering while…’) and press the CarPlay button then it starts Siri. My car never appears in the ‘Available Cars’ list in my phone. So, I don’t really know… but it’s obviously connected to some extent.

I can’t get (and will probably never be able to get) the Smart Control EQ software so I just use the Cross Connect app for Internet radio, navigation and phone calls.

(Cosimo Terzani) #5

I confirm, got mine in August and doesn’t have Apple Carplay. However I am able to use Siri,
and Bluetooth streaming, so I don’t miss it much…