Battery purchase of your Twizy Battery

(Ed ) #101

I saw Your post form a couple of months ago, is there a possibility you sent me the dcf files you used for your motorbikes ?

(Marcos) #102

If the contract is about to expire, you can give back your battery (I know, I did it may 2015 in Spain). They wanted me to sign some documents saying I wouldn’t drive the car anymore or sell it to someone who could do it, and that I had to pay all the expenses of taking it away and recycling it. Naturally I didn’t sign that. I just removed the battery myself and brought it back to a dealer (a special one owned by Renault Spain). At first they didn’t want to take the battery, but after further talks with RCI bank, I managed to give it back on a second try.

They cannot force you to pay anything that is not on your leasing contract. If you take the battery out yourself you don’t have to pay anything.

It’s not a security problem. The battery does not feed current to the connectors until the car is powered on, furthermore, both the charging connector as well as the main connector to the motor have a lid that you have to move to unlock the connetor. This lid has a further switch that also disconects the current. So no problem from that side.

I’m trying to make a battery myself, but I don’t have much time. In the meantime I have purchased the battery casing and the BMS as spare parts. I’ve also ordered some cells. I’ll let you know if I get anything out of it, but I’d say it’s promissing.

(Patric Ulrich) #103

How is your self made battery progressing?

Many thanks!

(Simon Millard) #104

My Twizy has done 10032 miles but only done about 10 in the last year been very busy but will have a 120+ mile trip soon

(Alexander Booth) #105

I attended The Fully Charged show and spoke to the University of Warwick. In the next couple of months their battery rental runs out on their converted twizy van. They have already installed their own built battery and removed the normal battery. They plan to return this default battery to Renault Finance and then cease paying the lease payments. Apparently they have a battery department and a legal department.

(osbrook) #106

Is there a process then for returning the battery to Renault. There are so many stories about hem not allowing this.

(m1n1s) #107

my contract is up again and i’m pulling the battery , 45 pounds a month for a 7 year old battery isn’t cutting it for me.

i will remove the battery and take to my local dealer , i have to pay for the battery to go back to france and get tested before they release me from the contract obligation.

(osbrook) #108

But what will you do without a battery?

Do Renault charge much for the batter return test?

They shouldn’t charge really as they want you to use the battery but if it is damaged why would you rent it? They would need to fix it anyway.