Calling all budding writers/photographers

(James Cook) #1

Morning everyone, hope you’re having a great weekend so far.

I’m on the lookout for any members who would be interested in writing about EVs and EV technology and/or producing great EV photography. It doesn’t matter if you have previous experience or not, but you will be required to have a decent grasp of the English language (that means good grammar!) if you want to write, and be interested in generating ideas for features and creating engaging content etc.

Please DM me for more information :wink:

(Richard Anthony) #2

Hi, James;

I’ve posted a couple of times on here before - but this time pressed the “Login with google” button so am not sure if you will be able to trace me…

I THINK my name on here was “Doombar” - I posted / replied about owning the Twizy in Cornwall. I am currently awaiting delivery of a Renault Zoe to go alongside the Twizy I have already. We have solar panels on the roof of our bungalow, so are anticipating that a percentage (variable according to the time of year) of the recharge costs will be covered by those (I work from home in the afternoons, on a four day week - so should be at home to make maximum use of any generated electricity).

On top of that, I’m not sure what you would need to know about me? I’m a 44 year old Cornish lad(!) - still living in South-West Cornwall and working (as many Twizy owners are, I suspect) in the IT industry (I am a Director of software development).

Father of 3 boys who can’t get enough of the Twizy and tech in general, and husband to my childhood sweetheart. Life is good!

Working to remodel the home to be as efficient as is possible to secure an affordable future. Recently installed a thermal store being fed by a small oil boiler and of-course using an iBoost from the solar PV - planning to plumb in a wood burner to it sometime over the next year or so.

Only writing this much so that you can evaluate my writing style and whether or not it is appropriate to your needs!

So what’s the detail of the requirement?..

(Kes) #3

Do you get paid? Or is it just for the lulz?

Thanks

(James Cook) #4

It will most probably be on a volunteer basis to begin with, so those that are just genuinely passionate about writing and/or EVs. However, I haven’t ruled out paying for great articles in the future, but they would obviously have to be of very high quality and well researched.