De-restricting the engine

accessories

(TwizyWindows) #1

Has anyone any idea how to derestrict the Twizy? Theres no doubt it could easily handle 70 mph i reckon, i see about 54 top off the gas going slightly downhill but there must be a way to stop the infuriating restrictor from stopping me going that wee tad faster, handy on Motorways etc!

(Bassflex) #2

It will be a bit of software code. If Twizys were everywhere then you could bet there would be someone going throught the ECU code to improve performance.

Has anyone witnessed a Twizy having an update? There could be a VAG connecter hidden somewhere.

(osbrook) #3

The Twizy is supposed to get a software update in September so we may find out then how to connect it up.

(osbrook) #4

The Twizy is supposed to get a software update in September so we may find out then how to connect it up.

(Lightly) #5

The DL 16 socket is in the left dash compartment, this is the standard protocol connector for any car, I have Renault clip, but the Twizy is not, and probably won’t go on it, with the correct equipment you can operate electrics etc, and no doubt check the batteries. It will be through here that a connection to the ecu will be done, just a case of someone figuring it out.
Not sure if thenTwizy is in China, but they are the ones that usually do these things :slight_smile:

(system) #6

Think the issue with speed might be something to do with the law more than a technical issue although of course it will drain the battery quicker. Like yourself id like to run at 70 mph for a few miles, it really seals the deal for me. The law might say well its not really a car so car speeds arent allowed etc.