Feature Requests, vBulletin 5

Twizy owners,

vBulletin are shortly going to be releasing their fifth iteration of the forum software that runs this website. What I want to know is, do you think this site needs to be improved or is it ok the way it is?

I would be interested to hear if anybody has some feature requests or ideas for the site to keep it interesting :slight_smile:

New intelligent Power Box for Twizy :-)
(Lightly) #2

Think its just fine James, could do with a smilee chart though.

(TwizyWindows) #3

Hi James, its probably buried in the settings somewhere but for the tech challenged is there a way I can get email notifications when someone replies to a thread im involved in?

Andy

(osbrook) #4

At the top of each thread like this one, toward the right side there is a title and drop down " Thread tools" select subscribe to thread.

Subscribe to this one and I’ll reply so you can see if you get an email. I presume you provided one when you registered.
Also look under your profile and you can see which threads you are subscribed to.

(system) #5

James, nice site, do you mind me asking does it cost much to use vbulletin? My friend uses websitetoolbox to host his sport forum, its free if you allow a banner for adverts, or about £15 a quarter if not, and they host it as well.
Is this more expensive and do you pay it be ause you are just a generous guy, or do Renault support you to run it?

The vbulletin license is about $250 but that’s a lifetime license for that version, although only for one site.

I did it because I’m a generous guy and enjoy little projects like this etc. I absolutely do not get anything from Renault, although perhaps maybe I should seeing as this site has probably contributed to a fair amount of their sales!!!

(ItMayJustWork) #7

What about if we all contribute a £1 each - would that cover it based on your membership?

(osbrook) #8

There should be a donate button. We all get something from James hard work.

I am a new Twizy Owner as of today!
(system) #9

how many years is the Renault Warranty? I can really see this site taking off when people start needing technical advice on repairs when they go out of Warranty.
I had a Vectrix motorbike, it used to go wrong every week lol, the community websites were invaluable. The problems were mostly with the battery management, I think the twizy will have much less problems.