Had my Test Drive!

(Normsthename) #1

Went for a test Drive today in a Twizy and really enjoyed it :slight_smile:
The test drive was very short (Approx. 2 Miles…) I would have loved to have taken it flat out to see how it went.
But the performance driving in 30mph limits was very good so don’t see any problems once it is opened up :slight_smile:
The brakes were good and the common complaint about the firm suspension didn’t bother me.
My Petrol Microcar MC1 has a very hard ride and I think they are about the same.
It was the first electric vehicle I have driven and it was really Spooky to drive in total silence at low speeds:)
The only ‘Problem’ I had was the car I drove didn’t have any doors and it was a bit fresh to say the least!
Has not put me off, sure once I get one with Doors and possibly windows fitted it will be fine.
I just need to wait a few weeks, got some money coming my way and I will be getting a Twizy.
Seen some almost new models with doors and low mileages from £5500 upwards.

Andy

(mender) #2

Glad you liked it. Perhaps try one with doors too-get another demo on one of the used/ex-demo ones?

(Normsthename) #3

Glad you liked it. Perhaps try one with doors too-get another demo on one of the used/ex-demo ones?

No need, I’am sold on the idea of getting a Twizy :smiley:
One thing that was much better than expected was the passenger space.
I rode in the rear for the first part of my Testdrive and even though I am 5’10" there was loads of room.
Getting in and out is no more difficult than getting into a Two Door Hatchback :slight_smile:

Andy

(system) #4

I carried a portable PA, cables and microphones in the back today… Just long bulky stuff like my guitar that I can’t get inside with the hardcase… Doors and window stop a lot of draughts! Top speed is 52 easily with a limiter to stop you going faster. Acceleration up to 30 and 40 is ok in traffic - pushing to 52 can take time if it’s windy! I do about 2miles at 50 and 3miles at 40mph, with the rest of my 11mile journey at 30mph. You can keep up with traffic easily and other drivers do seem to respect you on the road. At this speed I get about 35 to 40 miles at the moment.