Heated windscreen

(Paul Chapman) #1

I love the heated windscreen. In the past few months it has been a godsend.

Now my question is this, after about 15 minutes it turns itself off. Is this to protect anything from over heating at all or just a feature that it works on a timer?

My journey is about 30-40 mins each way and I normally just turn it back on but then wondered if I may be doing some damage through this?

Any thoughts?

(osbrook) #2

I don’t have windows so the 10-15mins is plenty at the start of my journey and not required afterwards.

(Leo R ) #3

Sometimes, even without windows, one “heating-session” is not enough for me. I just turn it on again, never had any problems with that.

(Toby Clement Clement) #4

My heated windscreen seems to automatically come on, it is warm outside so not sure what is happening.

My switch has a blank position - not named, then “0” which I would assume to be off and then the heated position. It seems to randomly come on when in the un-named position and in the 0 position.

Any ideas?

(osbrook) #5

You have the same issue as a lot of Twizys. The switch appears to have a mind of it own at times. As already suggested - remove the fuse until the winter or look to replace the stalk or create a by-pass switch.

Mine comes on more when I use the Wipers, and is also affected by the backwards forwards motion on the stalk. But it is intermittent so I live with it.

(Toby Clement Clement) #6

Thank You. I will pull the fuse. Good idea. I thought it was me doing something odd.