Install door to Twizy without doors

Hello
I wanted to describe how to put a car door without a door. It’s not like Renault says it will not work!
All fixings and handles are prepared in every vehicle under the door.
Parts needed:
2 complete doors
2 mini windows clear
2 mirrors
Mechanism with gas spprings
Locks
2 painted bottom plastic
2 painted plastic on lock side
2 painter arround the glass
2 fixing gas springs
Tools
A lot of time :slight_smile:
Photos

All this I bought from: Luka Djuraskovic

4 Likes

I am very happy with the purchase.
My twizy with the door

1 Like

Wow !! That looks really technical. I think that’s beyond most of us.
Congratulations. Well done.

2 Likes

You did a good job!

R E S P E C T

1 Like

Thank You :slight_smile:

SWEET! So IT IS possible to add doors on a doorless TWIZY! :heart_eyes:
How much did it cost to add all those parts? You didn’t have to craft anything didn’t you…just buying parts and install them right?

1 Like

Yes. It cost me 500 euros.

As you have seen it can be done if you can get the parts, probably from a written off Twizy. It’s not simple and much easier to buy one with doors. The chances of finding a Twizy with all the door parts for both sides in tact are very slim.

You will need a few basic skills and plenty of time to do it.

Hello, I’m really impressed by the work you’ve done!! I would like to do the same for my twizy. Can I have your email to get some help from someone who already installed doors on a twizy.

If you’re willing to help me a bit more via emails and answering questions I would be more than happy.

Please contacte me via my mail : [email protected]

Thanks in advance

1 Like

where do you buy the doors from

Scrap yard or direct from Renault but good luck with that.

Hello
I buy the doors from one of the evowners users Luka Djuraskovic

Hey, guys! Do you have any idea where I can find some twizy doors?

Not very easy to retro fit. It’s not like they just bolt on, the wing mirror needs to be removed and the ghe whole hinge mechanism needs to be installed. I thin there are some more instructions on the German site you may want to read those as well as the ones above before going down this route.

Unless you are just replacing broken ones.

Hi I would like to install doors on my Renault Twizy can you give me a number of someone that does it

Welcome to the forum.

You are no asking for something that is easy to do and there are very few Twizys hat have been converted from Doorless to Doored outside the factory. That doesn’t mean to say it cannot be done.

As for people that do it, never heard of anytone and those that did add doors wouldn’t be that keen to do it again. But we will see if someone else has a more positive reply.

Do you have the doors and all the parts to fit?

Hi.

Do you already have the doors and mechanism and new plastic panels?

I would think it is cheaper to sell it and buy one with doors if you can not do it yourself.

Or you can buy these swedish doors: https://youtu.be/nv-NZqYm08M

Alternatively you could buy these doors: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/264284637126?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=264284637126&targetid=855228353982&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=20339&poi=&campaignid=7643169333&mkgroupid=92174420767&rlsatarget=pla-855228353982&abcId=1139576&merchantid=6995734&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI06--78bd5wIVC0HTCh3xxwA9EAYYASABEgIIFfD_BwE

No

If you don’t have all the parts then you are really going to struggle. @twizyDK I like your alternative ideas do those fit Twizys that don’t already have doors or are they more replacements where the mechanism and struts are in place?

See this thread as well Door and side panel removal