Just To Say Hello

(system) #1

Hi my name is Simon, I am going to buy my Twizy today, it’s an ex demo car with about 1500 miles on , I test drove it on Sunday loads of fun but maybe a bit too much as it ran out of charge on the way back just pulled of the local motorway (M54) so at least she didn’t want me to break down there. need to keep a better eye on the battery gage, but i just loved it I plan on driving to and from work in it, I Work For Wolverhampton Council in schools and live in Telford so there and back in one charge maybe a bit too much to ask but am surprised how welcoming the schools are to me charging it at the schools the heads really seem to love the idea.
Any other Twizy’s in Telford or Wolverhampton? Not seen any and Renault says they have only sold two
Anyone else thinking about whether proofing the Twizy was thinking about adding a third deep cycle battery to power a heater and inside light would then not have to worry about flattening the 12v battery also converting all the lights bar main beams to LED’s

Have also orders some windows from twizywindows.co.uk anyone had a set think they look better than the Renault ones
Well got to go buy my little go cart now happy driving

(system) #2

Welcome, have you bought the black one from Wolverhampton or the white one from Birmingham? I wouldnt bother with wiring up an inside light, just get one of those push on push off led lights. Bright and the battery lasts forever. Now the heater sounds like an idea worth pursuing.

(osbrook) #3

Twizywindows are solid and therefore better. However I don’t bother with either Windows or a heater. I managed this winter through the snow etc without. For the price of a Deep cycle battery and a 12V heater you can get a decent MotorCycle Jacket that will save the hassle of charging the extra battery and messing about with the windows to open the doors. I also keep a “mac in a bag” type thing in the boot in case I take a passenger who wants a wind proof.

The Renault windows make the car noisy inside. Also there will still be plenty of drafts that will stop the heater working well.

Get used to the car in the Spring summer and then decide if you can be bothered with windows. Remember they are not like car doors. You have to fiddle with the window before opening the door.

Some on here even do without doors!!! :o

(system) #4

The black one form Wolverhampton am picking it up Friday, not sure when alloys will be ready but could not wait. Just out of interest where would you get tiers from? Renault have a long lead time

(osbrook) #5

Good stuff hope you continue to enjoy the drive.

Tyres - AminorJourney (Nikki) found some and I believe they were not hard to come by and at a reasonable price (£47) Remember there are two sizes on the Twizy and two manufacturers have supplied Tyres to the UkTwizys. See post

First thing to check when you get your car is the tyre pressures. Twizys have been shipped with very high pressures and often need to be let down to the correct pressure. There is an old thread about this.

(Normsthename) #6

Also there will still be plenty of drafts that will stop the heater working well.

I can vouch for that!
I have the Full French Windows fitted that completely fills the window area up.
But you still get draughts coming in thru’ the door gaps to name one

First thing to check when you get your car is the tyre pressures. Twizys have been shipped with very high pressures and often need to be let down to the correct pressure. There is an old thread about this.

I must get around to checking the Twizy Tyre Pressures… :redface:

Andy

(Lightly) #7

Welcome to the forum Simon, you will love owning the Twizy. I can get the tyres, having just purchased a continental for mine, think they are about £42 + vat, worth noting that they are not balanced, at least mine are not. The wheels are £97 + vat just out of interest, I got one straight away.

(system) #8

Thanks for the info, what’s the range like in the cold?

(Lightly) #9

Never really test mine until totally flat, but seems to be an indicated 35 miles for me

(system) #10

[quote=“Lightly;4682”]
Never really test mine until totally flat, but seems to be an indicated 35 miles for me[/quote]

In the winter, I’ve got 40 on occasion. In the summer, over 50 is possible.

(Bassflex) #11

Hoping to try and find this out this weekend.

(system) #12

Me to am picking up the car Friday lunch time just in time for the bank holiday weekend will put her to the test thanks for all your reply’s, what a friendly place this is

(ecofunkytravel) #13

And I think that might be important for your health and well-being. Cars generally aren’t air-tight - they have ventilation (usually combined with heating on a modern car). The designers of the Twizy appear to have overlooked ventilation, which is understandable - I’m the hardened zealot who doesn’t even have doors - but I imagine if you work very hard at it you could make the cabin airtight enough to be hazardous. To overcome this, you would naturally want your windows to open by variable amounts, adding to their weight and/or their noise. You would probably need to use the windscreen demister a bit more often as well. That’s the trouble with systems for fixing problems - they often create different problems. [There is even a semi-serious theory that the total “amount” of problem in the world is fixed - all we can do is change what kind of problems we choose to experience!] :wink:

(Normsthename) #14

To overcome this, you would naturally want your windows to open by variable amounts

No problem with the French Aftermarket Windows I have fitted.
They are two piece and the front one slides back so you can open it for ventilation :slight_smile:
I am going to look at fixing some of the Bigger gaps before next Winter (I’m a Wimp :smiley: )
Thinking about adding a Door Seal to cut the huge breeze that blows thru’ the gap between the door and frame :slight_smile:

Andy

(system) #15

Picked the car up today driven her from Wolverhampton to Telford on the m54 it did it with 18 miles left not bad, there was a lot of people taking pics as I drove, some were the drivers. few things to sort out Renault seem to not know how to fit there own windows or the Bluetooth, got the windows sorted but need to get some scratches fixed and had to unbend a bracket but now much better, anyone know why I would only have one speaker working? They are both plugged in best I can tell, off to look for some instructions for the Bluetooth