Lit Motors C-1

(zeemeerman2) #1

In the local newspaper was an article about the Lit Motors C-1. Something that… I don’t know…
If a Twizy would be something inbetween a car and a motorcycle, then the C-1 would be something between a Twizy and a motorcycle. Like a Twizy with two wheels.

Unique is the use of gyroscopes to keep the vehicle upright while driving or standing still. It still goes sideways to steer like a motorcycle, but it can’t fall fully onto the ground.

http://litmotors.com/c1/

Some specs:
$24,000 before tax incentives
200 miles (320 km) range
100 mph (160 kph) max speed
10 kWh battery
40" wide (1 meter), which is slightly narrower than a Twizy (1.234 meters)
Designed for drivers 5’ to 6’3" (1.52m to 1.90m)
Enough space for 1 additional passenger
Worldwide shipping

Production starts late 2014.

Any thoughts?

(mender) #2

The two wheels will put off a lot of car owners, the shell will put off a lot of bikers…

Does look nice though

Those are some interesting specs. Will be keeping an eye on this.

(Normsthename) #4

Unique is the use of gyroscopes to keep the vehicle upright while driving or standing still. It still goes sideways to steer like a motorcycle, but it can’t fall fully onto the ground.

I’ve been watching this for quite a while, you can get a monthly Email update from the Company.
Some of there claims to actual range / performance seem a bit OTT regarding the battery size etc.
They currently are showing a work in progress prototype but I have some questions regarding the gyroscopes…
All there prototypes have shown the gyros working to keep the vehicle upright but I’ve not seen it going around corners! :slight_smile:
I struggle to work out how it will lean into a corner with the gyro keeping it upright…
Hopefully time will tell…

Andy

(osbrook) #5

Very very simply:-
Gyroscopes work with gravity and when cornering at sufficient speed the centre of gravity is shifted and the Gyroscopes keep the vehicle at the same angle as gravity appears. All to do with Centripetal forces. :smiley: