Music on Twizy :D

accessories

(s4x) #1

Hello to everybody :slight_smile:
Someone have installed a sort of mp3 player that isn’t Parrot on Twizy? The Parrot is too expensive for me, so I thought something like this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/AMPLIFICATORE-AUTO-E-MOTO-DA-500W-A-2CH-NUOVO-MODELLO-CON-CAVETTERIA-NEWS-/160922213106?pt=Amplificatori_car_audio&hash=item2577b61af2&_uhb=1#ht_2938wt_1165

Connect a mp3 player via headphones jack to the amplifier and the amplifier to 2 speakers, in the original placement.
What kind of speakers you suggest to me?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Bye.

(mender) #2

I fitted a very similar Shark 250w system to my Aprilia Atlantic 500 maxi scooter, running either my Nokia C2 or the Tomtom 520 music through it and through 2 Vibe V3 polyproylene coned 150w speakers. It was ok, but by the time you have spent the money on a decent amp, MP3 player and speakers (Parrot kit also has the correct brackets for the roof blanks) and faffed with fitting it and the wiring, you might as well have fitted the Renault Parrot kit. The amp will need to have a switch supply so it does not drain the battery and you will need to access it to plug in leads and volume etc.

I have fitted my Nokia C2 with a sticky gel case and just plonk it on the dash top and play it through the speaker-its ok and saves the money.
A decent smartphone in a decent mount might work better.

(Bassflex) #3

I am glad you asked about this as I have also thought of getting one of these.

Problem is I also wondered about the battery.

People on here have said the battery struggles to power the heated screen and lights. To then run that plus an amp I wonder if its going to be a case of the lights dimming each time a heavy bass note is played.

If you do it, let me know how you get on. I have so many things I want to do to mine just waiting for the nicer weather to do it.

(Bassflex) #4

I am glad you asked about this as I have also thought of getting one of these.

Problem is I also wondered about the battery.

People on here have said the battery struggles to power the heated screen and lights. To then run that plus an amp I wonder if its going to be a case of the lights dimming each time a heavy bass note is played.

If you do it, let me know how you get on. I have so many things I want to do to mine just waiting for the nicer weather to do it.

Anti lift alarm
(system) #5

I use my Samsung Galaxy Note in an official car cradle that instantly puts the phone into car mode. I then use a bluetooth speaker that also has a microphone in it to make calls even better… You can pair these up too. Put a USB connector in the clovebox to charge it… Speakers last over a week of about 9hrs on loud setting!

(s4x) #6

interesting :slight_smile: where you put the bt speacker when you driving? It goes around or you glued it? could you post a photo or a link? thanks!

Anti lift alarm
(system) #7

I put it in the groove behind the dash console so that the rock hard suspension doesn’t bounce it out (see one of my snow pictures).

Anti lift alarm
(Normsthename) #8

Got my Twizy arriving this week :slight_smile: and I want to sort out some music for it.
i have just ordered these Bluetooth Speakers

My idea is to mount them in the ceiling where the factory speakers fit.
I will then fit a USB socket with a connecting cable to the speakers so I can plug in to charge them.
I will open the units up and solder some leads onto the existing switch and mount an on/off switch so I can switch them on and off.
I think once I set the volume level It will not need adjusting, can always adjust the volume on the Iphone :slight_smile:
I only listen to the Radio while driving so will play it from the Iphone (I have a Unlimited Data Contract on my Phone :slight_smile: )
Will post some pictures and let you know how it works once fitted…

Andy

Anti lift alarm
(osbrook) #9

This is exactly what I did and with the same speakers. Mounted them in the roof with a USB cable to charge them up. I also added a surface driver to make the roof into a bass speaker. Made a big difference to these little speakers.

Now for the tricky bit. The on off switch is no as simple as it appears and when you unscrew them you will need to work out which pins to solder too. Sorry I cannot remember but thought it was an odd pairing. The switch I have is well hidden unless you are the passenger, the driver simply reaches up over his head and clicks the switch.

I charge these speakers one a week of so. Work well and hold their charge well. Bluetooth works well from a phone cradle in the front. Never had any problems with them. Set Volume to max and control volume from MP3 player/phone.

(s4x) #10

ok, thank you :slight_smile:

(Normsthename) #11

This is exactly what I did and with the same speakers.

Great Minds think alike! :smiley:
Glad to hear that my Madcap idea might just work! :slight_smile:

Andy

Anti lift alarm
(Bassflex) #12

Is that a wowee or something else?

Anti lift alarm
(s4x) #13

Hello,
the big problem of solution that I posted is than we haven’t a wireless command (like the Parrot’s Steering wheel remote), so we have to grab the phone or mp3 player everytime we want to skip a song or pause it, and this is unconfortable and a bit unsafe.

At last, I think I buying the Parrot kit, maybe the MKi9000 (is identical to the MKi9100 without display, that ain’t use)… It’s easy to find around 100 euro on the web; plus 40-50 euro for two decent speakers we get music in our Twizy with the half that Renault ask us :smiley:

What do you thinking about this?