Net pockets

accessories

(Lightly) #1

Just bought the kit from Renault, was about £35. You get three in the kit, was hoping the I pad would slip,in one, but looks a bit small.
will put some pics up if I can bring myself to drill holes in it :frowning:

(Lightly) #2

Anyone fitted these or got them, now I have purchased, the under seat one looks useful, but the two wheel,arch pockets look as if they will be more of a nuisance than being useful.
I haven’t fitted them yet just incase. Will do,it at the weekend dependant on feedback :smiley:

(system) #3

I’ll be picking mine up later with them fitted. The loaner Twizy I have doesn’t have them, however. :frowning:

(Lightly) #4

That’s great, you will be well qualified to comment, having had a car for a while without them.
will be interested to hear how different your own car is than the loaner.
I would imagine they would be identical.

Outage
(system) #5

Yesterday i spent a while at Renault West London having the nets fitted. There are 3 nets, one under the drivers legs and 2 which fit to the left and right of the driver (see picture).

http://www.ifinity.co.uk/uploadedfiles/IMG-20120730-00350_small.jpg

The installation was a performance and was the first one Renault West London had done on a Twizy. The nets need to be riveted in place and there is limited access for a regular rivet gun to be used.

I can confirm that an iPAD does fit in the front net and that this is not a bad place to keep it. The left and right nets are small and can take some papers or a mobile phone for example.

(Lightly) #6

I fitted mine last night, but have not used them yet as the car sat on the drive all day .
I have done a little picture story of how they go in, but it is simple enough, and the renault instructions reasonable.
This is the kit and its part number

Yhttp://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/xyv1t/30fa06e5.jpg

You will need these tools to fit the nets

The centre pocket fits in front of the seat, and just needs to be centrally positioned, looks like the iPad will fit in it, which is what I wanted the for.

(Lightly) #7

These templates are supplied in the kit, and are important, as the metal frame needs to be “stretched” to pull the mesh a bit tight. It fits 5cm from the lower dash

Don’t let the drill go in more than 5mm, to prevent this happening a bit of tape around the drill bit is a good idea.

Remove the template and push the rivets into the clips to hold it roughly in place

(Lightly) #8

Fasten in with rivet gun

All done takes about half an hour, cost £35 for the kit

(James Cook) #9

Thanks for posting this Lightly. Can I just say its great to have you guys here posting quality stuff like this. It’s guys like you that are going to help the wider community once the Twizy takes off, and it will!

(system) #10

Just a thought - all my accessories were fitted free of charge by Renault as part of the sale of the car, so if you are buying a new Twizy then negotiate the accessory fitting at the time of purchase and not afterwards as strictly speaking the accessory prices do not include fitting and fitting can be expensive in labour rates and take a long time.

(osbrook) #11

If you are buying a new Twizy then negotiate the accessory fitting at the time of purchase and not afterwards as strictly speaking the accessory prices do not include fitting and fitting can be expensive in labour.

This is a very good point.

Accessory fitting isn’t difficult for most reasonable DIY’ers but takes time and there is no one to blame if it goes wrong.:expressionless: