New intelligent Power Box for Twizy :-)

hack
modification
accessories

(Paul Chapman) #121

I also think this deletes the log - most handy feature when going back to the dealers :innocent:

Thanks for the quick responses - just emailed Kenneth with my order :smile:

(Max ) #123

Hi, Is this box only for the 80km/h Twizy or also for the 45km/h? Can you Sent this box to Germany?

(Kenneth) #124

Hey @Mmaaxx for the moment so it is only the T80 but I will expand the firmware to include T45 later. but it will take some time because I have a lot to do. I am currently out of Powerbox but creates new ones as soon I get the parts into stock again. it can take anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks.
if you want a box so just send me an email and I set you up on a waiting list.
No problem to send to Germany

(Max ) #125

Thanks for the nice and fast Support, which e-Mail adress?

(Kenneth) #126

[email protected]

(Alexander) #127

Installed the second hand powerbox I got from Ryan, (thx for the fast delivery bij the way), I can’t believe how smooth the drive is now. Good accelaration and the regen is a world of difference. I have tried the medium setting today and it looks as it has the same range as normal. Next week I’ll go for the full throttle mode :smiling_imp:

(Martin Leeb) #128

Hi Kenneth,
I have interest in the Samsung display . How did you do this? what do I need?
thank you
Greetings martin

(Kenneth) #129

@Leebensqualitaet
Sorry but here is no easy answer to this question. but I’ve answered this a bit further up here in this thread and then I answered the following:

I use Torque on my Samsung Tab. The Orion BMS has finished PID map to
Torque. and to get out PID from Sevcon ECU I have made a PID
translator, Twizy’s ECU can not answer PID commands from Torque.

My PID translator does the following:

1. receives PID command from Torque and translates them into Can-Bus messages that ECU can understand,
  2. receive CAN bus messages from ECU and translates them into PIDs as Torque can understand

In this way can, I get out all the info I want to my Samsung display

(Martin Leeb) #130

Thank you for your answer
Regards
Martin

(Saeed) #131

Hello sir , I got my Twizy last night and I’m interested in the power box please

(Ambalana) #132

So many of us now have the power box. What’s the consensus on the best settings

Manual or Auto?
Brake regen %
Foot brake regen %

Interested to know.

Cheers

(Chris Gwynne) #133

Auto
30%
40%

I normally run on Max all the time, but only use the additional power when I need it. I achieving better miles per Kwh with these settings that factory settings

Chris

(Subevo) #134

Run max power with box disconnected as I don’t want it stolen.
400 regen is where the fun is.
500 foot brake.although I don’t think foot braking actually does anything.imo.

(Kenneth) #135

@Subevo Please do not run it with maxPower without Power Box connected, you can damage your Twizy. Power box must protect your car. Why not just hide PowerBox inside the car so it is not so easy to steal it.

(Subevo) #136

Don’t worry Kenneth.i only use the power sparingly for a few secs at a time. And drive like a granny for 99%
Plus Renault can replace my melted batteries.(only kidding)

Anyway can you make an amps display that will connect to diagnostic port ?that would be really useful for monitoring battery drain and Regen or maybe an extra screen on the power box that you can access amps only in large size.

I used to have one in my home built electric car .it was the only info I needed to monitor.

(Kenneth) #137

Sorry but I have no time for it now. next to Power Box. I am also developing a telemetry box to the Nissan Leaf and I have three small children running round me when I work :-))) ther is just no time for much else now :slight_smile:

(Ambalana) #138

Kenneth you have done enough and brought smiles to faces!

One question. I get confused between the difference between manual and auto?

Can you explain? Best

(Jan Germann) #139

I can explain that.

In auto the box protect you motor. It turns automatically the power down, when your motor gets too hot, and up again when it is colder.
I manual mode, it will stay in the mode you selected, regardless of the motor temp.
Manuel mode can be used when you want to drive without the box installed.

Always have the box installed when using max tuning!!

(Kenneth) #140

it was almost right :-))))))

In auto the box protect you motor. It turns automatically the power
down, when your motor gets too hot, and up again when it is colder.

I manual mode,It turns automatically the power down but not up again.
Manuel mode can be used when you want to drive without the box installed.