New led lights fitted

accessories

(system) #1

Just thought I would include some photos of LED lights I fitted today . I wired them into existing pilot lights and fitted them tight to existing glass with 3M double sided tape . They seem very bright and stand out even when the lights are just on the pilot setting . Cheers Mark

(system) #2

Oooo i like

(mender) #3

Good work.
Would they look even better with the sidelight bulbs swapped for LED or bright white too?

Battery Commitment
(system) #4

Loos like another job Lol

(system) #5

Where did you buy them from Sheriman?

Battery Commitment
(osbrook) #6

The LED strips are easy to get from ebay, they come from China. I use lots of them. In my Motor home, under cupboard lighting in the Kitchen in the Bedroom and even converted external flood light to use a few long strips. The short stripes Mark has used are about 99p delivered (takes 4 weeks to get here). They use a few milliamps In fact 4 use under 700ma.

I was going to add some to my Twizy between the front lighting panels and the bulbous bonnet. Rather than in the lights, but need to order some more first.

(system) #7

Hmm. I wonder if these would work as in-cabin lights too?

(osbrook) #8

Most definitely if you can find a suitable place for them. They are bright so don’t want to point at any ones face.

(osbrook) #9

Ebay item :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120890991666
Select colour and length.

These are the ones I use in the Bedroom as side lights and under cupboard. But the same as I have used for years in the Motorhome. Saves so much power, I replaced all the Fluorescent tubes with LED stripes and the whole van lit up uses less power than one tube. Again useful for saving battery power.

(system) #10

Hi Folks
got them fork EBay from UK supplier £4.99 delivered next day . Didn’t want the slow boat from China Lol . I’m very impressed how bright they are . And good idea Nikki for the interior although I use a push 3 led light I got from Ikea I’ve positioned one in front and one in rear . Mark

(system) #11

Hi Roger
Got them from EBay £4.99 next day delivery
Cheers Mark

(system) #12

Hi Mark – Do you have the name of the seller?

(system) #13

Hi Nikki
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=180909667836

Regards Mark

(system) #14

Awesome!

So I just need to find a spare fuse, and put some in the cabin :slight_smile:

(system) #15

Thanks for the link.