Olympics Electric Cars

(James Cook) #1

So I parked my Twizy in my usual space this morning, and there just so happened to be an electric mini and two electric BMWs next to me. Not seen them there before but they were something to do with the Olympics. I just hope they don’t start taking up all the spaces!

What’s interesting is how big mini’s have gotten over the years. My Twizy looks tiny next to it.

(osbrook) #2

Just squeeze the Twizy in. :smiley:

(system) #3

Haha. The joys of being in London, eh?

It’s one of the bugbears from us outside London that there are never enough charging stations in London. When you’ve driven 100+ miles, you really do need that charge!

I’ve driven both the MiniE and the BMW ActiveE and both are good cars… Although the BMW ActiveE, being a generation on from the MiniE is much better.

Probably drove one of the cars back in May… (here’s the review I did).

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/107 … port-video

(James Cook) #4

Very interesting review Nikki. It’s weird though, because it is so similar to a BMW 1 series, it almost isn’t as exciting as say the i3 and i8 will be!

I definitely will be getting my hands on a ‘proper car’ that runs on electricity in a couple of years, and I have a feeling there will be plenty of new options to choose from when that time comes. Exciting times!