Smart EQ First Impressions

smart-eq

Saw my first gen 2 Smart For Two here. Looked fab!

Just thought to put this document here - the 3rd paragraph mentions heated seat/wheel automatically activated etc. I guess it’s old version & information of which my dealer was relied upon early 2018, and this feature was dropped somewhere on the line.

(James Cook) #23

Ahh, that’s talking about scheduled pre entry climate control. I used the manual pre entry climate control and assumed they’d be the same. Maybe not.

The reason I haven’t used scheduled is because it’s a real faff to set up. Rather than being able to set a time and activate that departure time in one go, the app makes you change the departure time first and then activate it. This is fine for most apps, but this takes a while because you have to wait for a response from the car for both steps. It also saves these times so you have to change them every time (assuming you’re not leaving at the same time every day).

Hmmm - but whilst the 2nd para is talking about scheduled connected pre control (and clearly says depends on the difference from outside temp heated seat/wheel activated), the 3rd para is talking about spontaneous manual pre entry climate control, then at the end it also mention about heated seat/wheel. They don’t specify what is the criteria that app decide to activate, perhaps in Germany unless it’s minus 10 they think they don’t need it!??

The recent update of App made two timings to set (web version was only one I seem to remember?), so I was going to use one usual morning timing & other for slight later time depends on the day of the week. If I know it will be freezing tomorrow morning, I connect the cord, leave it and use the App … that was my plan.

I just wish what are the supposed to be outcome - at the moment all I want is either pre control to work again :frowning_face:

Let’s hope the better Smart EQ year of 2019!! They should, since all Smart car will be EQ in the future…!

R