Speakers but no bluetooth

twizy

Hello all,

I’ve got a few questions. There are speakers in my Twizy yet no bluetooth device connected to it, what are they used for/how can I put them to use? I’ve tried connecting my phone with the built-in cables but sadly nothing happens.
In addition to that, are there any good Twizy speaker alternatives? Maybe a separate wireless speaker, or a good pair of aftermarket speakers to replace the old ones with.

Cheers!

(pisoiu) #2

Have you dismantled the plastic cover and you saw the speakers? Because usually those places are empty. My twizy also has the covers but there is nothing behind them, and I also think the cables are there but unconnected.

Ah alright, thanks for the tip :slightly_smiling_face:

(Toby) #4

People without the blutooth parrot prep seem to use a rechargeable bose blutooth speaker and report good / better sound.

Any good audio shop could fit a parrot or probably something much better.

(Bas) #5

You could also do it yourself. At least, that’s what I’ve done. The only hard thing if you decide to buy the components yourself is that you have to manufacture the brackets yourself. The designs are all out there, just google it. I 3D printed them and they are perfect. You can also buy a complete kit from Renault. The part number is 8201231626. There is also a great video on YouTube to give you an impression:

(Mark Espie) #6

Is this the one you can get as an option on a new vehicle?

(Bas) #7

Yes

(Nik) #8

Did you print the parrot screen housing too?

(Mark Espie) #9

I thought everyone said not to bother as better and cheaper options available aftermarket ?

(Bas) #10

No I didn’t print the housing that is in the original Renault kit and placed the lcd on the bottom right corner of the windshield. Glued the stock bracket to the a pillar and it works fantastic. Easier to wire as well, but most of all a much more comfortable operation of the display as you don’t have to look all the way up.

I’ve never liked the idea of having a Bluetooth speaker bouncing around the interior instead of having a neat built in solution that you hardly see, but then the concept of better is highly subjective and differs from person to person.

(Toby) #11

You are right, what you ideally need is a Bluetooth speaker but in a bespoke housing where the original speakers would be.

Thanks for the advice, all seems a little complex, guess I’ll just use my wireless earbuds from now on, it’s been legalized here recently :wink: