Upgraded brakes

Hi, I’ve looked around in the forum but I can not anybody talking about upgrading the brakes. From what I read the brakes seem both under dimensioned and relatively poor quality. It would be great to hear if anybody has upgraded calipers, discs and pads. I’m not talking floating ceramic sets, but something better and easier to get a hold of.

(osbrook) #2

My Twkzy is now over 6 years old on still has original discs. new pads bug same dkscs. I live at the top lf a long hill. SomI cannot see a problem. yes they need to be looked after but so do other exposed brakes that don’t get a lot of use.

(Phil Gardner) #3

The best ‘upgrade’ to the brakes - if you really need it - is to increase the Regen % on Footbarke via a Powerbox. You can pretty much go straight to ‘ceramic discs and 8-piston calipers’ setting if you want ! Personally I find the stock brakes perfectly adequate for the job and ironically the only thing they need is to be used… If you use Regen all the time they get little work-out. I have switched Neutral braking regen to 0% (lift-off) and reduced Footbrake to about 200. Works a treat.