You’re not gonna believe this sh#t!

(Mike) #1

Ok. Twizy is (hopefully) sold. I book it in to Renault Dundee to get the rear hub assemblies replaced. I was quoted £460 including vat for the job. It was dropped off on Wednesday 2nd for the work starting as agreed on Thursday 3rd.i get a phone call the Thursday afternoon saying that the parts haven’t arrived and they’re in back order from France with a possible ONE MONTH delivery time!! I explained that the vehicle is sold and that I need it done as a matter of urgency, and that time frame takes me past the expiry of my mot! It butters no parsnips with the dealer. I was advised to contact Renault uk customer services and open a complaint, which I have done. It’s absolutely bloody ludicrous! I’m waiting to hear back if they have found any parts in the uk. Meanwhile, I have a buyer who isn’t going to wait forever and insurance and battery rental to pay for a car I can’t use! I’m pushing for financial compensation or a whacking great lump off the bill!! If Renault would release the patent I’d be able to buy the assemblies online! While I was talking to them, I asked how much they would be for the front brakes. Pair of front discs? £90 plus vat. Set of front pads? £65 plus vat!!! I can get Borg and neck discs on eBay for £33 delivered and pads for about £25 delivered!! Renault must be smoking some good stuff!! No wonder they call them stealers, not dealers!! Oh, forgot to say, dealer is now saying that the offside assembly is due for delivery on 18/11/19, and as yet there’s no delivery date for the near side!!!

(Derrick Nedzel) #2

Jeez, what a mess! Did you get it all resolved? Sounds like you can’t get the parts to do it yourself. :frowning:

The Borg&Beck discs may be cheap, but they are not up to spec - at least the set I had sent to me. On the original discs the dept of the inner ‘tube’ is a little more that two wheel hubs deep, and half why down the inner diameter narrows ever so little so that the wheel hub needs to be pressed in.

On the Borg&Beck discs there is no change in the inner diameter, so the wheel hubs will not fit (they are loose, which they should not be).

I ended up buying a set of original discs and everything is fine - sometimes things can be too cheap

(Mike) #4

The borg and beck discs were a bust. Not fit for purpose. Ended up buying new discs and bearings from Renault at £135, and got them fitted by a cheaper garage. Car now mot’d, but not nearly £800 out of pocket. Car is now sold pending collection. Had enough!

(Mike) #5

By the way, as a gesture of goodwill Renault uk paid me £98, which Is 2 months battery rental, and they paid the mot fee of £54.